Business plan is part and parcel of any business endeavor. It will be your guide in the operation of your business. It can lead you to profitability. Compare that to a business without a plan. You will be like a rudderless boat sailing aimlessly on the rough sea.
Here’s an easier way to write a Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies
What is a business plan? It is a written document that describes its purpose, the products and services offered, a projection of who the clients will be. For some it is the hardest part of starting the business because not only that you don’t know what is going to happen but also it is not easy to make plans for something you have not done before. So how do we develop a business plan? There are quite a few steps involved.
1. Start with the name of the business like this, for example:
Business Name: Avalon Website Design
2. Describe briefly in a statement the kind of business you’re in. This is a web design business so for type of business, here’s what you can put down: Type of Business: Web site design and consulting services for small businesses.
3. Determine the ‘Statement of Objective’ or a ’Mission Statement’ for the business. Explain what your business is all about, what it does and the features and assets that will benefit the clientele and what makes your business special.
Mission Statement: Avalon Web Site Design is a home-based design company that offers quality work in web design, consultation, writing updates at Facebook and tweets at Tweeter and content writing for small businesses at reasonable prices. Our main store and advertising is our web site (mention the web site here) that is available seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
The business derives its strength from a long experience of the owners and their staff who have been in business for more than five years. This skill and the experience can support the business operations.
At this point make sure that whatever you choose is something you have the interest and enthusiam and that you have the necessary skill to keep it going.
4. Write down the services your business will provide.
Products and Services: Avalon Web Site Design offers a web site design and development services including -
Web Site Design
Web Site Maintenance Services
Preparing Own Products
5. Create a list of potential clients who will be willing to compensate you for your effort. It is wise to have a variety of markets who will be willing to pay you.
The clientele will be composed of those wishing to have a web site, professionals, restaurants as well as visitors to our web site.
6. Identify the business goals clearly. Be realistic so you will have to determine how you can accomplish your goal. Make the goal challenging yet not too difficult to achieve. Consider your services and potential clients. You will have several choices.
Our goal is to be on the black, that is earn an income that will pay for the expenses within the first year. We will do this not only to create web sites for clients but to have a combination of strategies to earn some income in the form of Google adsense, promoting affiliate products and creating our own products.
7. List ways you can be contacted and this can include:
a. Location of Main Office:
Avalon Web Design
20 Main Street
Clearwater, Florida 33763
b. URL (State your web site here.)
8. Describe the legal construction and how your business is operated:
Avalon Web Site Design will be structured as a sole proprietorship.
9. Describe who is running your business and their position in the company:
Name - President
Name - Vice President
Name - Secretary-Treasurer
Now you have written down what the business is all about, what the objectives are, the services offered and ways of reaching the objectives plus the names of the officers. Don’t think this is done for all ages as this should evolve. But for now this is the business plan.